Robert S. Bahadori, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Bahadori is a fellowship trained pediatric otolaryngologist. He is a graduate of Cornell University Medical College and received his otolaryngology training at Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis and then completed his pediatric otolaryngology fellowship at St. Louis Children's Hospital. He is currently Clinical Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology at Georgetown University Hospital, and Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Virginia. He is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. His training at St Louis Children's Hospital focused on the treatment of neonates and infants. He has also had extensive experience in other aspects of pediatric otolaryngology, including pediatric otology, pediatric endoscopic sinus surgery and pediatric airway endoscopy and reconstruction.
Complete List of Certifications and Affiliations
- Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology
- Member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member of the Fairfax County Medical Society
- Past President of the Washington Metropolitan Ear, Nose and Throat Society
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology at Georgetown University Hospital
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at University of Virginia Chairman of the Fellowship Committee 2006-2008, American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
Articles and Publications
- "What to do for Runny Ears" by Richard H. Schwartz, MD & Robert S. Bahadori, MD; Contemporary Pediatrics, May 1999.
- "Successful Management of Fetal Cervical Teratoma Using the EXIT Procedure" by Melissa E. Larsen, MD, Robert S. Bahadori, MD, & Timothy P. McBride, MD; The Journal of Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
- "Complicated Mastoiditis at a Tertiary Suburban Children's Hospital" by Sumathi Nambiar, MD, Robert S. Bahadori, MD, & Richard H. Schwartz, MD.
- "Bacteria in the Middle Ear and Nasopharynx During Tympanostomy Tube Insertion" by Randall Clary, MD, Robert S Bahadori, MD, Harlan R. Muntz, MD & Rodney P. Lusk, MD; American Journal of Otolaryngology, September - October 1998.
- "Adverse Effects Of Noise on Hearing" by Robert S. Bahadori, MD & Barbara A Bohne, Ph.D; American Family Physician, April 1993.
- "Intranasal Mucocele of the Nasolacrimal Duct: An important Cause of Neonatal Nasal Obstruction" by Allison Brachlow, MD, Robert S. Bahadori, MD, Richard Schwartz, MD; Clinical Pediatrics, June 2004, Vol 43(5), pp. 479-481.
- "Preoperative Temporal Bone CT Scan and its Use in Evaluating the Pediatric Cochlear Implant Candidate" by Audie Wooley, MD, Allen Oser, MD, Rodney Lusk, MD, Robert Bahadori, MD; The Laryngoscope, August 1997, Vol 107(8), pp. 1100-1106.
- "Laser Assisted Myringotomy" by Richard Schwartz, MD, Robert Bahadori, MD; Infectious Diseases in Children, February 2003.
- "Diagnosis and Management of the Newborn and Young Infant Who Have Nasal Obstruction" by Susannah Olnes, MD, Richard Schwartz, MD, Robert Bahadori, MD; Pediatrics in Review, December 2000, Vol 21, pp. 416-420.
- "Acute Mastoiditis in Children: An Increase in Frequency in Northern Virginia" by Robert Bahadori, MD, Richard Schwartz, MD, Mohsen Ziai, MD; The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, March 2000, Vol 19(3), pp. 212-215.
- "Retropharyngeal Abscess in Children: Epiglottitis of the New Millennium" by Sandy Lee, MD, Richard Schwartz, MD, Robert Bahadori, MD, Journal of Pediatrics, March 2001; Vol 138(3), pp. 435-437.
- “Consultation with the Specialist : Diagnosis and Management of the Newborn and Young Infant Who Have Nasal Obstruction” by Susannah Q. Olnes, MD, Richard H. Schwartz, MD & Robert S. Bahadori, MD; Pediatrics in Review/American Academy of Pediatrics, 2000, Vol 21, pp. 416-420.
- “Survival Fixation of the Cochlea : A Technique for Following Time-Dependent Degeneration and Repair in Nose-Exposed Chinchillas” by Barbara A Bohne, MD, Gary W. Harding, MD, Amy S. Nordmann, MD, Charles J. Tseng, MD Griffith E. Liang, MD & Robert S. Bahadori, MD; Hearing Research, August1999, Vol 134, Issues 1-2, pp. 163-178.
- “The Role of Micro-Noise Trauma in the Etiology of Aging-Related Changes in the Inner Ear” by Barbara A. Bohne, MD Ellie G. Maghami, MD Robert S. Bahadori, MD & Gary W. Harding, MD; Hearing Research, October 1998, Vol 124, Issues 1-2, pp. 132-145.
- “Cochlear Implantation in Children with Inner Ear Malformations” by Audie L. Woolley, MD, Virginia Jenisaon, MA, Barbara S. Stroer, MA, Rodney P. Lusk, MD, Robert S. Bahadori, MD & Franz J. Wippold II, MD; The Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology, June 1998, Vol 107, pp. 492-500.
- “Successful Management of Fetal Cervical Teratoma Using the EXIT Procedure” by Melissa E. Larsen, MD, John W. Larsen, MD, Sheri L. Hamersley, MD, Timothy P. McBride, MD & Robert S. Bahadori, MD; The Journal of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, November-December 1999, Volume 8, Issue 6, pp. 295-297.